April 27, 2006

Health Overdose

Having heard that it would cure every possible ailment, I picked up a bottle of flax oil the other day. I think I read something it being good for trich symptoms, although I'm a little unclear on how (but I can't resist miracle cure bullshit.) The bottle didn't give any instructions on how much to take, and, rather than taking two freaking seconds to look it up on google, I somehow decided that a shot glass was proper dosage. What does it say about me that I immediately thought of a shot glass rather than a spoon?

Anyway, first night I got highly queasy. Still, I tried again last night, right before bed. Shawn walked in right after I had downed the shot and was gagging, my throat coated in oil. He saw the shot glass and asked if maybe, possibly, I should try taking a little less. It honestly never occurred to me before he said it. So suddenly I realized that I had taken a massively excessive dosage of flax oil. twice.

Why is it that even my best intentions end up as small disasters? Who else could managed to overdose on flax oil? I better get some damn shiny hair out of this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! I took flax oil every day for my stomach issues and couldn't get over the wretched taste!
In the bulk section of most supermarkets, you can find flax seeds. They're really cheap and all you have to do is grind them up (a coffee grinder works well) and sprinkle it on your yoghurt, toast or whatever.
It's a far more palatable way to shine up your hair and keep your digestive system on track.