April 26, 2006

Family Fun

My mother and my sister. My sister and my mother. Why can't they be sane? Why is my sister so intent on a complete personal implosion? Why does my mother worry about it so much, yet continue to fund it?

Why are me and both my siblings such hopelessly immature, dependant sponges?

Family counselling isn't enough. I honestly think we need a higher power, like SuperNanny. Lately I've started to daydream about her showing up on my mother's doorstep and taking charge. Calling us all over to lecture, "ess nah asseptable!"

God that would be sweet.

Actually, with all the attention lately on useless adult children, I can totally see that working as a spinoff. SuperNanny making a big activities chart that forces the 29-year-old to get out of bed at 8 and look for a job between 10 and 2. At 2:30, he gets a snack.

This honestly might be the best idea I've ever had.

(trademarktrademarktrademarktrademarktrademarktrademark)

No comments: