March 01, 2006

shake your head it's empty

Christ, today it seems like everything is just grating on my nerves. I put on my headphones to block out noise, only to realize I hate all the music on my itunes, and on everybody else's, too. I swear the goddamn shuffle is trying to push me over the edge. Why does it persist in feeding all the useless hipster crap I've ever bought? As if Broken Social Scene isn't the most godawful waste of time I've ever heard. And Nick Lowe really needs a smack to knock all that freaking cleverness out of him, but not as badly as Magnetic Fields does. And wow do I ever hate that chick from Metric. Why is she trying to kill me? Buy a car to drive to work, go to work to pay for this car. I'm so glad she decided to share her high school poetry with me. It's amazing how it gets more and more meaningful ever time she chants it. And who doesn't enjoy a good chant now and again? Okay, it's time to take off the headphones before I get one of those forehead veins.

3 comments:

Sean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean said...

Time to start drinking decaf, lady.

Until then, try some Jose Gonzalez. For a sample, listen to one of his songs in the graphically beautiful commercial at http://www.bravia-advert.com/.

Anonymous said...

To hell with the decaf, put some Irish Cream in your mug!
Listen to some Beethoven and make up your own lyrics to the German words.
Or if you're still feeling rather hostile, you can do it with Einsturzende Neubauten. It's amazing how amused you'll be when you start singing "Foot In My Eggo" to the tune of Yu Gung....