January 16, 2006

New Obsession

So it looks like a fifteen-year-old podcaster is way cooler than I'll ever be. I love Zoe's radio show/podcast. I guess I'm way behind on this one, since I found her today via a mention on adpulp, which referred to her as a "podcasting phenom." She manages to play tons of different music without ever seeming to try too hard. (for me, self-conscious eclecticism is the bane of college radio: "that was the Rachels, followed by Isis, and coming up I'm going lay down some Brahms and maybe a little Public Enemy" yeah. rock on, dude. ironically, of course) And I love her teen girl, skip-to-the-hits approach - everything she plays is damn catchy, which is usually NOT the case with the Pitchfork set. I grabbed a bunch of shows off of yahoo, so I'll be spending the next couple days catching up.

No comments: