October 23, 2006

The most disturbing thing I have ever seen


Earlier this year I visited a string of sex shops as part of my research for an artice (and no, research should not be in quotes. I was writing about women-friendly sex shops thankyouverymuch) Anyway, at one shop I visited, the staff got a bit over-excited and started to pull out bizarre merchandise in an effort to shock me. But hey, I've read the Encyclopedia of Unusual Sexual Practices and Bob Flanagan: Supermasochist so I took the three-pound cockring attachment weights in stride (But really? ouch)Unfortunately, pretending to be Ms. Worldy and Unflappable backfired on me, as it just inspired them to bring out the big, uh, guns.

What you see in the picture is euphemistically referred to as an 'anal toy.' It's ten pounds of black rubber, shaped like a woman's calf and foot, and very close to actual size. A heavy gauge chains is attached to the end, I imagine to aid in retrieval. Incredibly, that's not the best part. What made this object so extraordinary was the staff's nickname for it....

(wait for it, this is good)


...The Heather McCartney

No comments: