April 05, 2006

This Just In...


Metric @ Neumos - Seattle, Wa
Originally uploaded by Crickontour.
Metric is big with the kids. I had no idea how popular they were until I saw the insane line-up for their show at Mac Hall last night.

Also popular: mini mini-skirts and footless tights.

Last night around 6:30, I stopped by the student centre to grab a coffee before my writing class. Apparently the doors to the hall didn't even open until 7, but there were already hundreds of all-ages kids crowded on the stairs, and spilling out down the entire length of the food court. Every time a sound came from the hall, the line buzzed with excitement, imagining their heroes inside-so close!

Lining up an hour before the doors even open? I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a show. Christ, I can't remember the last time I was so excited about anything.

2 comments:

Dave King said...

Well I had three tenie boppers in tow for the show, we all had a good time.

- Peace

plynn said...

Nice! that sounds like an awesome way to see the show. I was thinking of going, but I had no idea what a big event it was (I don't have any teenyboppers to keep me up-to-date)