April 16, 2006

Mileage

I've decided this running crap is actually a really bad idea. I know that it must have seemed like something I had to do, signing up for a half marathon, but I really can't remember why.

Oh, who am I trying to fool? I want to run a half marathon, but I have a hard time believing I can do it. Today's run was 9K and I was exhausted at the end. The farthest I've run in the past couple years is 10K...yet somehow I'm going to be covering twice that distance? 20 kilometres and then another 1.1 - just for fun. In six weeks, we'll be up to 10 miles. I've only run 10 miles once in my life and it took a really, really long time.

What I really want to do isn't the half, there are two 10-mile trail runs. One runs from Canmore to Banff, between the mountains. The other is Moose Mountain - five miles up the mountain and then five more back down again. Why does that appeal to me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have faith in yourself!
You can totally do this - you kick buttock!