January 02, 2006

Resolution Run

also known as running around in the dark with a bunch of dorks. Yep, that was my New Year's Eve. The Resolution Run is a 'fun run' in that there is no official timing, no chips and fewer of those hyper-focused types doing warm-up laps around the start area. And being a fun run, it also brought out people wearing 'fun' outfits. That means glow sticks, santa hats, horrific gear (note to man wearing the neon green tights with white polka dots on one leg and black polka dots on the other: no. just, no.)

Anyway, the run was an 8K, running east from Eau Claire down the river path to the Crowchild bridge and then back along the river with a detour through Prince's Island before ended up back at the Market. I finished in 56 minutes, which is pretty damn slow. I could blame part of that on the crowd and narrow pathway, but I think it has a bit more to do with the weight I've gained this year. Actually, compared to my previous times, it appears that 1 pound = 1 minute.

Sigh. Guess it's time to make an additional resolution.

No comments: