January 06, 2006

Achievement. Integrity. Teamwork.

Despite being the most brilliant thing I've come across in ages, I really wish I had never seen NWYH Business Stock. It's a note-perfect parody of standard business imagery and the stock companies that peddle it. The problem is, stock photography is my freaking life. I spend most of my working hours describing, cataloguing, sorting or just staring at commercial imagery.

And I know that I wouldn't have thought twice about a fair chunk of these 'parody' images. Hopefully I would have noticed they were crap, or at least rolled my eyes at the hackneyed scenarios and stiff modelling. Or at least wondered what the hell was up with the neck brace. Unfortunately, I've just started work on a series of photographs that are only slightly better than those at Now Wash Your Hands. It pains me to contemplate whether that expression is meant to convey "I am stressed by deadlines" or "I really have to pee." Actually, it pains me to look at them at all. If I burn out by the end of next week, it will be entirely due to Now Wash Your Hands.

1 comment:

Sean said...

One of my favorite sites that uses the cheesy, stereotyped business analogy images is www.despair.com. I'd swear that this could be an image from their posters.

Don't you just love the forced inclusion of ethnicity, disabilities and minority? Do you think that guy really uses a wheelchair?