December 31, 2005

It's List Season. Bear With Me.

2005. To summarize:

Good Things
-
got married
-had a very lovely honeymoon in BC, going to Hornby Island, Victoria, Sooke and Vancouver
-actually liked my job. And I didn't have to spend half my time dreading the end of my contract, because, finally, it's a permanent gig
-went on a cool 2-day bike tour with the MS Society
-came in last in a 10k trail run and didn't care at all
-turned 30
-started writing again

Bad Things
-endless wedding planning arguments with my mother. It may be a genetic inevitablility-all mothers seem to lose it when weddings are involved. But that didn't make bickering about silverware any easier.
-not only did I fail to get my driver's license before I turned 30, I didn't get it at all.
-spent the last couple months of the year in a depressed rut
-applied for a job, concocted a complete alternate reality based around said job and then didn't get it. I've really got to stop doing that

No comments: